Using previous version of OpenAccess

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:50

Using previous version of OpenAccess

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi,
I've just moved a site built on version 4.2 onto a new development machine which does not have the Telerik Sitefinity SDK or OpenAccess installed. When I run the project I get the error message "No metadata has been registered for <classname>". I'm pretty sure this is because the OpenAccess SDK isn't installed.

I would ideally like to install the version of OpenAccess that I know this site was built against, which was Q2 2011 (2011.2.713.3) - is there anywhere I can download this version from, or failing that, can anyone say whether it is going to be an involved upgrade process to use the latest version of OpenAccess?

Thanks in advance
Al

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi Al,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

We have arranged the latest OpenAccess version to be distributed with each new Sitefinity release, so if you're using the latest version of OA there should be no problems with assembly version mismatch,.

However, if you need to integrate this functionality in an older Sitefinity distribution, and are running the latest OA SDK, for example, you might indeed experience some issues like the ones mentioned in your opening email.

For this particular scenario I believe you might find Josh's blog post on the topic useful, hope that helps.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if any issues persist, I'll be glad to assist you further.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed