How to deploy Sitefinity site developed in 3.7 SP2, in IIS7

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:00

How to deploy Sitefinity site developed in 3.7 SP2, in IIS7 under 4.0 framework?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi,

I have a website developed in Sitefinity 3.7 SP2, that is running successfully on server.
But when I try to run on local system, by Integrating the project in asp.net 4.0 environment. I get following Error:

Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0104: 'DynamicHyperLink' is an ambiguous reference between 'Telerik.Cms.Web.UI.DynamicHyperLink' and 'System.Web.DynamicData.DynamicHyperLink'

Source Error:

Line 15:             if (item.ItemType == ListItemType.Item || item.ItemType == ListItemType.AlternatingItem)
Line 16:            
Line 17:                 DynamicHyperLink link = item.FindControl("dhl") as DynamicHyperLink;
Line 18:                 if (link != null)
Line 19:                

Source File: d:\Demo\miamiparking\Sitefinity\ControlTemplates\News\ListPageMaster.ascx    Line: 17

Show Detailed Compiler Output:

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi Ashish,

first version of Sitefinity which support .NET Framework 4.0 was 3.7 Service Pack 4. In my opinion first thing to do is upgrade you project to Sitefinity 3.7 SP4.

Greetings,

Pavol

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi Ashish,

As Pavol suggested, the 3.7 SP2 version is only for .NET 2.0, which may be in conflict when running the project on IIS 7 .NET 4.0. As suggested in the other forum threads, you can go ahead and apply a patch which will upgrade your 3.x site to SP4 .NET 3.5 / .NET 4.0. The following KB can help you find the proper version of Sitefinity 3.x you have ( and the .NET version ):

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/kb/how-to-check-your-current-sitefinity-version

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi all,

Thanks for the support. I have upgraded the 3.7 sp2 project to 3.7 sp4 successfully by following the steps as given in the tv.telerik.com/.../upgrading-to-sitefinity-37-sp4

This thread is closed