URL Not rendered in Custom Module

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 00:55

URL Not rendered in Custom Module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi, I am using v5.1 and have created 3 custom modules. I have created a search index and included all of them in it. I have reindexed this after setting it. I am using the template that shows title, extract and url. Two of the modules are working as expected however the 3rd one does not display the url/title for the article, it just displays the title with an empty Href tag.

I was wondering if anyone has had this happen and what they did to resolve.

The website can be found here
http://www.jbaplanning.com.au/
At the bottom of the page there is a search box.
Search for Epping - you shoudl receive 2 results. The 2nd one is correct with a link to the respective page. The 1st result is missing a click thru url.

Thanks in advance

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Nov-2012 00:00

Hello Erik,

It is really unusual that you're experiencing this improper behavior for one dynamic module only. The search result control is actually a contentView control, which consists of a Repeater, which is bound to a a search query. This query contains all the information for the items, including the url data, from which the url should come from. I would suggest you to try to republish your items (which will cause a recompilation of their urls) and see if the problem will be reproduced again. 

Regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Nov-2012 00:00

I encountered a similar situation in the past when including script tags in the content. the search parser would not escape/strip this out when creating the search result for that content item, and would break the html in the final results page.

However, I believe this issue was resolved in 5.1. What build are you using? do you have any script or other tags (like iframe, object, etc) that might be tripping up the parser? can you try removing them and running the indexer again?

If that fixes it I can dig up the search pipe fix that we used to fix the issue.

I hope this is helpful!

This thread is closed