Exception : The configuration 'BlogsConfig' is not r

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:16

Exception : The configuration 'BlogsConfig' is not registered : Migrate the 3.7 sp4 project to 5.2

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi,
I am trying to Migrate the 3.7 sp4 project to 5.2, I have successfully got to the Admin Dashboard, and then I clicked the "Migrate your site from Sitefinity 3.7 SP4 to the newest version" link in the Dashboard. Then First I got the error the error "object sf_Libraries already exists in the database", then I removed the table from database, and this was recreated. After that I got the following error:

Server Error in '/TestWebSiteNew' Application.
The configuration 'BlogsConfig' is not registered
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Exception: The configuration 'BlogsConfig' is not registered

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[Exception: The configuration 'BlogsConfig' is not registered]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.Config.VerifySectionRegistered(Type sectionType) +178
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.Config.GetSectionInternal(Type sectionType, Boolean safeMode) +22
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.Config.GetSectionPrivate(Boolean safeMode) +240
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Blogs.BlogsManager.get_ProvidersSettings() +18
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.GetProvidersSettings() +14
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.Initialize() +779
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1..ctor(String providerName, String transactionName) +34
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Blogs.BlogsManager..ctor() +14

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) +117
   System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache) +247
   System.Activator.CreateInstance() +88
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.GetManager(String providerName, String transactionName) +120
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Migration.Web.UI.MigrationView.FillProviderDropDowns() +196
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Migration.Web.UI.MigrationView.InitializeControls(GenericContainer controlContainer) +354
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.SimpleView.CreateChildControls() +82
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +182
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +60
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +222
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4201

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

Also, for Info, I copied the data of 3.7 project before starting the Migration in 5.2 database, can this effect this issue. I don't know Should I create a new empty databse & start this process again or should I keep all the data of 3.7 project in 5.2 database?

Any help avilable?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Nov-2012 00:00

Well....

Infact the 5.2 database should be empty for the migration. I tried in new instance of Migration process with New & blank database for 5.2 project & then I reached to the Migration page where Migration for different pages are in process.

Thanks for all (including other forums)
Lets see how the Migration process ends now :)

This thread is closed