Breadcrumbs (and SimpleView in general)

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:57

Breadcrumbs (and SimpleView in general)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2012 00:00

I've posted about this before, and you guys have done it since then in a few controls, but PLEASE just put this into the SimpleView class...I don't want every control rendering an empty BLANK span or div around the actual control

protected override void Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)

RenderContents(writer);

In the case of breadcrumbs, the entire thing is wrapped in an empty div before you even get to the "sfBreadcrumbWrp " element

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Nov-2012 00:00

Hello Steve,

Putting such code in SimpleView is a big risk. All widgets in Sitefinity inherit from that and some of them actually need to render a wrapper tag. Although I understand that excessive markup is not a good thing, sometimes it is needed, especially in the WebForms world which we have not ruled out entirely.

Kind regards,
Slavo
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Nov-2012 00:00

Okay, I'll buy that...would you consider at least giving me the OPTION (via a property) to disable instead of having to create inherited controls just to remove it?

protected override void Render(HtmlTextWriter writer)
    if(this.RenderWrapperTag)
          RenderContents(writer);

Also one other bloated markup issue while I have your ear...

Can HideIfNoTextMode on the SitefinityLabel DEFAULT to "HideIfNoTextMode.Server"?  I'd think more people would expect it to not render by default (Visible=false) not just hide the markup with display:none.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Nov-2012 00:00

Hello Steve,

Exposing the removal of a wrapper tag as a property on SimpleView will probably cause abuse of that property. We will discuss whether we can expose it separately on other controls where it will be safe.

Your second suggestion is valid and we will fix the default. Logging an issue in PITS, however, may speed up the process. 

All the best,
Slavo
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Nov-2012 00:00

1) Let us toggle, and abuse it :) ...hidden in advanced I can't see many (any) users abusing it.  "Oh what's this property set to True mean, perhaps I'll set it to False for no reason"?

2) Go through every control and every new control to check for empty containers and\or set wrapper classes on the containers (thats too much work for you guys right)

This thread is closed