v5.1 Form Notification (Field order)

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:59

v5.1 Form Notification (Field order)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2012 00:00

The fields in the form notifications are not in any particular order.  Is there a way to set the order of the fields in the email?  This is for version 5.1 which includes the built in form notification.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2012 00:00

Nope, unless you do something custom

Forms just hasn't gotten ANY love since release...well I think sorting at one point.  But exporting generates mostly crap, columns on export and notification are in no particular order either (and get their titles from the question title) which makes it endlessly frustrating for just about everyone trying to analyse the data.

...don't get me started on response view permissions either

I have hopes 5.3 in a few weeks will add polish, but it's such a quick turnaround release who knows what will be "polished"

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2013 00:00

Hey Steve/Pat,
Has this been resolved?  This can be pretty frustrating if you have built a form out and have a customer come back and want additional fields.  The fields seemed to be orderd in the alert by when they were added to the form.  

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2013 00:00

NOOOPE :)  Forms is the redheaded stepchild of sitefinity.  Like you can't even permission them such that someone can see results and not edit the form.  hell sometimes I even go to forms and dump into edit mode by accident instead of clicking results.  Makes me cringe giving admins here form permissions right now.

6.3 and 6.4 are supposed to be platform updates to fix holes...but I don't know if Forms is on the list anywhere.

FYI Big T...it should be :p

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello,

In our new Sitefinity versions, we made sure that forms responses are sent, exactly as form controls are ordered. However, a possible reason for the problem would be the instructional text of some of your form controls. Such text might cause the improper ordering of form responses. this behavior has been logged as a bug in our system. You can track its status, following the PITS link.
Please try to edit the form, copy the text in the instructional text form control and delete the instructional text form control. Then publish the form. Go back to the form and add the instructional text form control again and publish the form again.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2013 00:00

Hey Vassil,
Thanks for the response. We're currently running 6.1. We will try your instructional text form control work-around, but do you know what version the ordering was fixed in?  You said in our 'new Sitefinity versions', do you know which version the fix went in?

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello Matt,

I have tested the form notification and the fields in the e-mail are ordered as they are in the form, even they are added later on and a random places. I have tested this on version Sitefinity 5.4 and 6.1. 
Did you still have this unexpected behavior in your forms notification e-mails after the work-around proposed by Vassil in the previous post?

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2013 00:00

Thanks for the reply Svetoslav. The instructional text field fix did not work for us. Even when we have a form without instructional text it always orders the information in the email alert by when it was added to the form not by the order of the fields on the form. 

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi Matt,

You could try to upgrade to a newer version of Sitefinity, at least 5.4, but I recommend you to upgrade to the latest version.

This should solve the problem with ordered fields in the e-mail.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

This thread is closed