Controls rendering Issue in Published mode for 5.2 project.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:43

Controls rendering Issue in Published mode for 5.2 project.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi,

I am having problem in correctly rendering the Controls (Shared Content Blocks & SiteMenu) after they get published. When I see the page in Edit or Preview mode I can see those controls, for example SiteMenu. But When I access that page directly in URL, those controls are not displayed. I thought I forgot to publish the page & Templates, but after publishing the same result was shown.

This is Rendered (When URL is Directly accessed):

And this is rendered on Preview page:

<div id="ctl00_TopMenu_T712B4490028_ctl00_ctl00_siteMapControl_horizontaldropdownmenu" class="RadMenu RadMenu_RadMenu RadMenu_Default">
        <!-- 2012.3.1016.40 --><ul class="rmRootGroup rmHorizontal">
            ..................... Many Li items ---------------------
    </div>

Actually I Migrated this project from 3.7 sp4 to 5.2, & the Migration process showed success for each item.

Any ideas to resolve it?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi Ashish,

Is the navigation also migrated from your previous website or this behavior occurs with a new navigation, dropped on the page. Would it be possible to try placing the same navigation from the Toolbox on the page again and see if it is rendered correctly?

Greetings,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi Jen,

Actually the Navigation Control from 3.7 Project wasn't working (infact I was having Exception that Both DataSource & DataSourceID is assigned to Control RedMenu1, therefore, I used the Navigation Control avilable in right Menu of Admin section). That was Displaying the Navigation Menu in Edit & Preview Mode, But When I saw my website in normal mode, there was no control.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Nov-2012 00:00

Hi Amit,

What you can do is check whether any errors appear in the Console tab of your browser. Also, you can try to duplicate the page and see if the problematic behavior with the navigation control reproduces on the duplicate as well. If this doesn't help, please open a support ticket, where we can investigate the problem in depth. 

Regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi Jen

i have already opened a support ticket 4 days back but didnt get any reply till now. This is actually quite urgent and i would like to get some immediate help on this . I am open to any kind of support . Maybe i can call or give access to Development server or create an ftp account or something.

Looking forward to your revert.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi Jen,

I have checked the Error console of browser, there's no error in that.
Is This could be due to Database issue (may be not all the data is updated to the new database). Actually when I create a new Simple Template & put the Navigation control on that, then it's appear on the page, but when I put the same on the existing Template(created from migration process), that is not displayed.

Should I start the whole process again.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello Amit,

Can you try to recreate this page, using the same controls and styling? Would that be possible?

Greetings,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi Jen,

Actually the problem was that I had some other .aspx files that i was using in my master page like : <!--#include file="inc/inc_Header.aspx"-->
& due this the Controls added on master Template were not rendering, then I had to Move the code from extra .aspx files to single Master page & it solved my problem.
I think in 5.2 there's change in how the Controls are attached to Master templates specially with those containing <include> tags.

Thanks for support.

This thread is closed