Custom login widget causing concurrent CMS users

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:49

Custom login widget causing concurrent CMS users

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Dec-2012 00:00

We have a custom login widget that is calling SecurityManager.AuthenticateUser function in the SDK.  As soon as this method is called, it thinks that the user signing in is logging into the BackEnd system causing my concurrent license to be reached really fast.  If I step through my code, as soon as this method is called, a record get places in sf_licensed_user_activity table with the is_backend_user column set to true and they show up in the "Online Backed Users" view in the admin area.

The users in question do NOT have access to the backend system.  In all my reading, I should be able to authenticate any user as long as they don't access any backend pages (Checkbox is empty in the user property page).  The only role the user has is a custom role used for our application.

Is this a bug, intended behavior?  If it is intended, am I wrong on my interpretation of the licensing for concurrent users?

Note, all users were migrated from 3.7.  Using the latest Sitefinity(5.2.3800). 

Any help is appreciated.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Dec-2012 00:00

We are using Claims authentication as well.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for contacting us.

The behavior you are experiencing is really strange. I have looked and double checked in our source code and the SecurityManager.AuthenticateUser() method does not call the SaveChanges() method (which is needed in order to switch a frontend to a backend user and for this change to persist in the DB table). This leads me to think there might be something else that is doing the switch.

Would it be possible for you to share with me your custom login control in order for me to set it up locally and check if it will behave the same way on my end? If it does I will be able to look at the problem in more depth.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

All the best,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed