Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:55

German Translateion errors

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2012 00:00

@Telerik

a) Content is english -> change to "Inhalte" sf_german_01.png
b) Permission Documents still reads for images sf_german_02.png
c) Child-Seite -> change it to 'Unterseite'

Hope to see these changes in the files for 5.3 which I hope are ready when 5.3 hits in December.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi Marcus,

The 1 st issue is logged as a bug and will be fixed. And the 2nd to are addressed in the language pack available here: www.sitefinity.com/.../german-language-pack-

Kind regards,
Pavel Iliev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Dec-2012 00:00

Dear Pavel

The Title of the loginpage in 5.2 language pack (or solution) has wrong number. 5.1 instead of 5.2

Might want to look out for this in 5.3 :-)

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello Markus,

We will test this for 5.3 and make sure the version is right. Thank you for the reminder.

Regards,
Slavo
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Dec-2012 00:00

Dear Slavo

Thank's for the feedback. You might want to do a search for 

Preview = Vorschau

and the main menu item Content  should finaly read 'Inhalte'

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello Markus,

We have fixed the "Content" to read "Inhalte" for the 5.3 language pack (which is coming in a matter of hours).

Unfortunately the "Preview" label is part of the item workflow and should be fixed in the product rather than the language pack. It is too late now, but we will log the issue to be fixed in the upcoming releases.

Regards,
Slavo
the Telerik team

There is so much more stuff that has been reported many versions back and still have not been fixed.

This was reporte ONE year ago with version 4.3!!!!
http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/bugs-issues-/german-language-file-4-3-small-error

Also the preview war reported 1 year ago!!!

Just go through the above link and images and you might find some more stuff that would be nice if finaly fixed in 5.4!!

Markus

Here is another one that has been bugging me. I might not even have reported this.

Child-Seite. Please change to 'Unterseite'. Maybe you can slip that into the 5.3 at the very last
 minute :-)

Unterseite means subpage

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi Markus,

As I replied in your other forum thread, we will go through all your suggestions for fixes, and update the 5.3 language pack in the marketplace.

All the best,
Slavo
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Mar-2013 00:00

Here is anouther one I am quite sure I have reportet previously 

I think this line should be about dokuments not images

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2013 00:00

Well the german language files lag some days after 6.0 is release. So you might have a chance to make sure that the feedback here is in there.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

We're currently awaiting the translated versions of new labels for 6.0. Once we have them, we will publish the new language pack and make sure your suggestions from this thread are included.

Regards,
Slavo
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2013 00:00

Dear Slavo

Thank's for the feedback. I rather have it the other way around

1) check the suggestions are included
2) then publish 

:-)

Child-Page has been translated to Child-Seite. Should be 'Unterseite'

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 07-May-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

Of course, we will make sure the changes are there before publishing the language pack. I will let you know if there are problems with some of the labels.

All the best,
Slavo
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Nov-2013 00:00

@Telerik

Back in Dez 2012 it was changed from Content (EN) to Inhalte (DE) 

Well now in 6.2 Content is still not Inhalte. It was once but I assume somehow you do not report this back to the translater.

Really realy is annoing to have to check stuff over and over again.

Of course the preview button seems to be still hardcoded after 4.0,4.1,4.x ...... 5.1,5.2,5.x ...... 6.1,6.2 and will be probably till 7.3 -> I know its an minor issue but come on.

images is englich in German they are Bilder (with a capital B)

So instead of Neu ordnen images it should read Bilder neu ordnen

Mouseover on profile tip not translated

And yes reported before and if I am correct it was also changed.

There is not word Child-Seite -> its an Unterseite.

Another one I am sure I have reported before: Wählen Sie eine Bildgrösse aus

Another one I have previously reported (just to lazzy to search for proof)

Kategorien not Categories

And yes it would be nice if sorting would read once A-Z and once Z-A -> also reported before. Maybe I missed it in templates  - sorry cant check everything

Template Aktion - Inhalt not Content
 Pages - Aktionen - Unterseite und Inhalt instead of Child-Seite, Content

Just some I have found on a quick search through the new 6.2 site. Did not check the old images

Sure would be nice if some of these would be permanently fixed in 6.3 so I would not have to spend 20 minutes searching, screenshotting, writing again.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

I have sent your list to our SDK team who will fix all mistakes you have provided.
I have also updated your Telerik points record.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Nov-2013 00:00

Dear Vassil

Just found another minor thing to fix. Will you post here once the german localization files ar updated?

Markus

Here is another one I am quite sure I have reported before :-(

Keep it simple :-)

Markus

Hello Markus,

They just have been reported too ;)

Thanks again for your feedback.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

This thread is closed