change page from a redirect to its own page still redirectin

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:57

change page from a redirect to its own page still redirecting

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2012 00:00

Is this a bug and has anyone observed this behavior?
I have a page that is a redirect with many children underneath. It's first child is a group page, and so I use the redirect to go to the group page's first child.
In any event, I now want to change this redirect page its own page with content.  When I do this, I have found that no matter what I do, it still redirects (when viewing in the website and when clicking View in the backend. Not when editing ).  
Only if I rename it, does it work.  But then if I create a new page with the original name, and put all the children under there, this new page now redirects.  There must still be something somewhere relating to the name of the page where is says to redirect that isn't getting updated??.
Any ideas?

Thank you!

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2012 00:00

I have the same issue...

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello,

The problem is encountered because the browser cache still holds data of the previous page settings. If you clean your browsers cache ( manually or close the browser ) the resources will be refreshed and the new content of the redirect page will be shown. For your convenience I am attaching sample video, recorded on 5.2 build 3800, which shows the behaviour of the CMS on Google Chrome.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Dec-2012 00:00

Thank you.  Thought I had tried that but will be sure to try it next time.  One way I did it recently was to rename it first. Save. Go back in and remove the redirect URLS, save again.  THen change it to a regular page page. Then rename back.

This chaching now in the newer versions hae been a problem. Especially when creating or editing new news or event items.  I can create a new item but it doesn't show up.  If I click on My Events it will appear in the list.  If I make a change to an exisiting it looks like the updated didn't take.

We have cacheing turned off for the sites while in development but I still must be missing something.

Sometimes we beleive also, that the Sitefinity License message refresh casuses problems when it may appear for files that aren't seen such as javascript files, causing them to not run and causing problems for the page. Alsthough you don't know what the problem is at the time.

Just some thoughts....

Thank you.

This thread is closed