Reset a password control does not work

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:04

Reset a password control does not work

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello, I have a pwd protected forums application. The reset password, however, doesn't work. Once the "reset pwd" email sent and the link in it is clicked on, it displays the following message:  "You are not logged in." - instead of the reset password form. It worked at first and I could re-set it, but then it stopped and the reset form has simply disappeared. How do I make it work?

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi Inna,

Thnak you for using our services.

Could it be that you have set view permissions that do not allow anonymous users to view the page, and thus the login prompt when visiting the reset password link?

If so, can you please allow the password reset page to be visible to everyone.

If any issues persist, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Dec-2012 00:00

The "profile" page used to be a child of the "forum" page which does not allow an anonymous access. However, in the "permissions" section I used the "break the inheritance" option and re-set it to be accessible by everyone. Apparently, either I didn't do something right, or this option doesn't work. Once I migrated the page "profile" to some other directory (so the parent page is visible for all), the re-set password option became available. I still would expect the "break inheritance" option in the permission section to work. Thank you!

This thread is closed