How to change the order of language display

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 05:37

How to change the order of language display

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi,
We have a site done in Sitefinity5. There are 3 languages for the site. The issue is the order of display of the languages in some pages are different. I need the language display order to be uniform in all pages. How can this be done.

please tell me a solution. 

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello,

The languages should be ordered in the same way all across the web site. Can you give us a screenshot of the problem? Is this the ordering in the backend, or in the frontend where the user selects its preferred language?

Regards,
Lyubomir Dokov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi Lyubomir,

I have already reported this problem to support, but they are not able to reproduce the issue (Bug ID: 627726). Primary language of my site is Slovak and I have 2 additional Languages (English and German). The issue not occur often, when the site is set on English, but when I go to german or Slovak version the language selector languages order changed almost after every switching between pages in navigation. The language selector is placed in a template. You can observe it live on http://www.empresa.sk . And one more thing, the name of Slovak Language is in smallcaps !!!

Greetings,

Pavol

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello Pavol,

I have reproduce your problem in the site. This occured in both German and Slovak, but not in English. In order to investigate the problem can you send me your project. Also, it would be helpful to tell me if there is something specific/custom about it.

Greetings,
Viktor Staikov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello Viktor,

I have already send the project because of another bug, contact with Stanislav Velikov.

Greetings,

Pavol Kokinda

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello Pavol,

The ordering in multilingual bug has been fixed for our upcoming 5.3 version. We have tested the fix with your project. Thank you for your constructive feedback! 

Greetings,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi Jen,

this is just perfect ;) .... you rock again guys ;) ... I will do immediately after release upgrade and test it.

Greetings,

Pavol Kokinda

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi Jen,

you can close the ticket. The issue is in SF 5.3 resolved. Great work.

Greetings,

Pavol Kokinda

This thread is closed