Radscheduler not working as Widget

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:48

Radscheduler not working as Widget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Dec-2012 00:00

I created a Sitefinity Widget through the Module Builder using the Radscheduler.  When I drag the widget in it loads fine, however, there is almost no functionality, insert, update, delete, creating appointments all do nothing and don't get any errors. I have it hooked up through an SQL database too.

If you double click on a day it opens the Simple Appointment Menu but the Advanced Appointment schedule doesn't open up from clicking on "options."  Clicking on the arrows to switch months, clicking on Day/Week/Month or Timeline does nothing as well.  

I have the same RadScheduler created on a blank webpage outside of Sitefinity and it is working properly and writing to the SQL db.  I know  it is hooked up to the database because it automatically loads the appointment I created on the SQL server side.  All of the functionality works outside of Sitefinity but when I create the widget it does practically nothing.  

I have attached the code below. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Caleb

Have you made sure to edit your page properties and enable scriptmanager\viewstate?

Thanks for the reply Steve.  I haven't done anything with the scriptmanager/viewstate.  I don't know how to change these properties within sitefinity since the scriptmanager is basically embedded. 

Could you give me an example of how to do this, or where it is I can change/check these settings?  I've been searching through the Telerik forums and can't find much if anything on how to do this yet.

Caleb

The page (~/Sitefinity/Pages) where the control lives in your backend has "Actions->Title & Properties"  Go in there and near the bottom there's the checkboxes for viewstate and scriptmanager

Gotcha. Viewstate was "unchecked," but RadScriptManager was "checked."  I checked ViewState and tried it again, but got the same thing as before. I even tried it with the RadScript Manager "unchecked" too.

Now I can get some of the calendar to work.  I created a Web User Control, ascx page, and added it as a custom widget in sitefinity.  I can now add and delete appointments, but only through the simple appointment editor.  I can open the advanced appointments menu but it won't save any appointments at all. 

Also on the very top left of the Scheduler are two arrows that allow you to move the entire scheduler between months.  When the page initially loads, it loads up on Dec.  If I click to the next month it goes to January, but won't go any further, just stays on January.  And if I click back, it immediately goes to November.  Yes it goes from January directly to November if you click backwards once.  I can still click on the Calendar and select the month, which the entire scheduler will display, but it is just frustrating that only certain parts of it work and others just seem buggy. 

This thread is closed