RadEditor textarea is not useable on frontend for Event/Blog

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:20

RadEditor textarea is not useable on frontend for Event/Blogs comments

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello,

We dropped the Events and the Blogs modules in to our Sitefinity project, and cannot use the comment field. The name, email, and website fields work as expected, but the text area for the comments is not clickable: we can see it's container, but not the textarea itself. There is a textarea in the html generated by the modules that is set display:none. If I add a display:block !important; width: 100%; height:100% to my CSS then the textarea is visible and usable, but doesn't quite fit properly within the boundary of the container. (Also it strikes me that this step should be unnecessary). 

Also of interest is that all of the formatting buttons on top of the comment box simply link to the top of the page (ie they're stubs). 

I also notice a javascript error in one of the Telerik scripts (Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd:2302). 

I've attached a screenshot showing the nonfunctional comment box and the javascript error.

Thanks for any help.
Stuart

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Dec-2012 00:00

I just discovered that the unclickable-ness of the text-area is due to being logged in with the inline editing tools turned on. So apparently there's a conflict between the javascript used for inline editing and the javascript used to render the RadEditor (which is interesting because all of the editors in the backend work without issue). 

I just went through the process of disabling these tools to improve front-end responsiveness and now the textarea is usable, but the background is transparent. We can change this within the styling, although I am curious as to whether this is the intended behavior. 

Thanks,
Stuart

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi Stuart,

I was not able to reproduce this on my end. Please take a look at this video and let me know if your scenario differs from the steps I have taken.

Additionally, do you have any custom Javascript loading on the page that might cause this issue?

Greetings,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed