5.3 Backend - Pages - Search - somewhat unexpected result

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:16

5.3 Backend - Pages - Search - somewhat unexpected result

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Dec-2012 00:00

Look at the screencast here http://www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_search_53.swf

1) Cancel Search is hidden on smaller screens (might be because of german translation)
2) Going to search and then cancel leaves the pages in unexpected order. Like to go back to tree view.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback

1.    1. There is indeed an issue with the close search button, which I have logged in our system

2.    2. This works as intended - the items are returned as a search result, which is not arranged hierarchically like the standard pages view 

Regards,
Krasimir Gatev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Krasimir 

Sorry but 2. does surely not work as intended. If I DO NOT perform any search (because I click cancel) why should it return all pages as if I searched with no search term?

You might expect this from what you programmed. I don't expect this from a client side.

Here comes another one of my car anologies. 

Put the key into the ignition with the intend to start the car. Now cancel and remove the key -> engine starts. 

Markus

@Markus in a WAY, it's a nice (unintended perhaps) feature

Lets you view your backend sitemap flattened instead of having to drill down into everything (like lets say if you were going through every page to set some common property)?

...but yeah I can't imagine an empty search returning everything is by design :)

https://www.google.ca/ (Click search with no search term)

Dear Steve

You are right. It's not a bug it's a feature. It's just depends on how you look at it :-)

Your google example 

No search term not search result, but in this case it's a cancel button. So its not even like hitting the search with no terms but the stop loading button in browser or back button in browser.

I am looking forward to the time when I really need the flattened sitemap - hope I remember that feature then. 

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi,

After further investigation I found that there already is such an issue logged in our system. You can view it here.
Thank you for your support and feedback. 

Greetings,
Krasimir Gatev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2012 00:00

Well since it was opened as bug 1/2 year ago I assume that it might not be so intended after all.

Very small issue, anyhow.

But lots of small stuff can amount to a pile as well.

Markus

This thread is closed