5.3 two issues (history and modules/taxanomy)

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:06

5.3 two issues (history and modules/taxanomy)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Dec-2012 00:00

I have two issues I was wondering if anyone else has them before opening a ticket and sending db and project.

1) in my created modules after saving something they do not revert back to overview - > well now that I wanted to create a screencast it works :-(

However I have another issue. Taxanomy when I change something this is not persistant which is troublesome. http://www.marktold.com/screencast/module_taxanomy.swf

The site taken from 5.2 SP1 to 5.3 does not allow my to take it back to a page from history. If you click back to this version it works. So it seems only the preview is not working

http://www.marktold.com/screencast/53_history.swf

--------------
Markus

PS: As you can see the site management is quite fast once you are working with it. This is VPS in the USA access from Switzerland. 

Well #2 is crashing on your custom subnav title control?  What's the actual error on that...is it trying to get a pageid that doesnt exist or something?

Steve

a) I must apologize for not reading through the error myself
b) I must thank you once more for your generous time to help with that.

This is the code I am using to get the top navi item displayed above a subnavi on a site.

Well the page is not in Sitemap I guess that's why its complaining/erroring out.

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Web;
using System.Web.UI;
using System.Web.UI.WebControls;

using Telerik.Sitefinity.Web;
using Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Pages;

namespace SitefinityWebApp.UserControls
    public partial class SubNaviTitle : System.Web.UI.UserControl

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

var actualNode = SiteMapBase.GetActualCurrentNode();
            while (actualNode.ParentNode != null && actualNode.ParentNode.Title != "Pages")

actualNode = actualNode.ParentNode as PageSiteNode;

Label1.Text = actualNode.Title;

Any idea what's the best way to fix that. 

Try catch?

Markus

It's hard to say without jumping into debug mode :)

Never ever ever wrap in a try catch if you can avoid it...it's a way more expensive thing to do that to just check for null.

Like it might be actualNode  is null so

var actualNode = SiteMapBase.GetActualCurrentNode();
if(actualNode != null)
            while (actualNode.ParentNode != null && actualNode.ParentNode.Title != "Pages")

actualNode = actualNode.ParentNode as PageSiteNode;

Label1.Text = actualNode.Title;
else
            Label1.Text = "Page Title";

Dear Steve

Thank's a whole heap, That fixed it, and sorry for not having read through the error myself. 

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Dec-2012 00:00

@Telerik

Any idea why my choices in taxanomy are not kept. And removed on edit an item?

http://www.marktold.com/screencast/module_taxanomy.swf

Markus

They are persisted screencast.com/.../upBjr6WFfgi

When the editor opens it lets you pick new ones...so is it a bug that they aren't shown as selected?...perhaps...It'd be nice :)

But your selections certainly aren't lost

@Steve

Thank's once more. The problem is that at least in German the butten reads 'change' not 'add'

a) I am glad that  at least they are persistant
b) Usability wise I think there are two options
    1) keep the button label 'change' and show me what has been already selected
    2) change the button label to 'add' and only show me stuff not yet selected.

So no I don't consider it a bug, but a thing that might could be improved. Don't even know if it's only in modules or everywhere you use categories.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello Steve and Markus,

We are already aware of this issue. It is not blocking as the taxonomies are persisted in the end but I agree that it's not good from an user point of view. We'll do our best to fix it in one of the upcoming releases.

Please accept my apologies for the caused inconvenience.

Regards,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello,

I forgot to send you the Public PITS Url: www.telerik.com/.../pits.aspx

Greetings,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed