Receiving an "You cannot save your changes, becase a p

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:57

Receiving an "You cannot save your changes, becase a page with such URL already exists. Change the page URL and try again" on activation of Module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Dec-2012 00:00

I have a module called "Listings" that was previously created. It was later deleted.  Now I am recreating it and receiving the error "You cannot save your changes, becase a page with such URL already exists. Change the page URL and try again" on activation and the activation fails.  An workaround for this?

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello Jody,

The error shows that there is a such URL in the system, which may be caused by the delete operation that happened previously. You can go to Administration -> Backend pages and check if the modules's content type backend page still persists. If it is, delete it and then create your module again. I believe this will fix the issue and the module will be created correctly. 

Let me know if the above suggestion helps you.

Kind regards,
Nikolay Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Dec-2012 00:00

Thank you. that worked great!

This thread is closed