Error installing Sitefinity 5.3

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 02:45

Error installing Sitefinity 5.3

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Dec-2012 00:00

I downloaded the trial to install. The Sitefinity component causes 9 instances of the Program Compatibility Assistant to launch stating that Microsoft SQL Server (2008 and 2008 R2) have compatibility issues. I have Windows 8 64-bit and SQL Server 2012 installed. Choosing "Run the program without getting help" doesn't help; results in Sitefinity FAILED.  I did send the error report. Any thoughts?

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Dec-2012 00:00

Hello Gary,

If you take a look at the System Requirements page of Sitefinity you will see that we support SQL Server 2012, but we require .NET 4 Framework due to differences in WCF between .NET 4 and .NET 4.5. That been said, you would not be able to run Sitefinity on IIS8 which is the IIS version in Windows 8 and unfortunately cannot be changed/downgraded.

So the only way for now is to use IIS7.5 (or bellow) which is default for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2. 

Greetings,
Ivan
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed