SF 5.3 Issue: Invalid time zone ID

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:19

SF 5.3 Issue: Invalid time zone ID

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Jan-2013 00:00

Hello Telerik Team!

I installed clean SF 5.3 on my Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 and met that issue: when I try to open backend (/sitefinity) - the project crashes and gives me exception (see attached screenshot). I have UTC+03:00 time zone and tried to change it in my system, but it didn't help. Also I tried to install SF 5.3 on another PC with Windows 7 Professional and got the same result.

Also I have SF 5.0 project that I recently upgraded to SF 5.3 - frontend totally working but backend gives the same exception.

Please advice if there is any simple solution for my problem, or let me know if you need more details about it.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jan-2013 00:00

Sharing my experience for those who met the same issue: the problem can be solved using Windows update. Update fixed time zone settings in my system and then I re-installed SF.
Looks like Sitefinity knows better in which time zone I live :)

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jan-2013 00:00

Hi Serge,

I am glad to hear that everything is working on your side. Thank you for sharing the information with the community.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi Telerik guys,

I'm having this problem running a clean SF installation on Azure. The exception rises when try to go to back-end. Any ideas?

Best,
Jhony

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi Jhony,

Did you try to use my solution? I mean installing all available Windows updates, it helped for me when I had exactly the same issue.

In my case this issue appeared when time zone was changed in my country (they just removed daylight saving time). Windows auto-update was disabled in my system so Windows didn't know that we live in new time zone already (it showed right time though). And when Telerik updated their products to use new time zone table - SF just didn't find my current zone in list.

Hope it helps.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Apr-2013 00:00

Hello,

I hope that this solution has helped Jhony.

I will send some additional information we found:

The issue may occur at the Azure VM where the site is running the error thrown from the method ConvertFrom tries to calculate the time for the current time zone configured on the Azure VM. In this case the system can`t retrieve the time zone configured on the Virtual machine where the site is running.
If you have configured RDP to the Azure instances login to the instance and configure the time zone settings on the VM and then check if they can be retrieved from Sitefinity after (for example change the time zone on the server).

From my research I am slightly convinced that the timzone had been changed on the VM for Azure that you use with a start up task. You might find this article useful.

Kind regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed