5.3 Date Time localization in modules build with module buil

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 08:41

5.3 Date Time localization in modules build with module builder

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jan-2013 00:00

Good day

Wonder if anybody can tell me if this is a bug or if there are some settings in the mighty fields of the advanced admin.

I have a site front and back default in German.

I did add an date/time field in the module builder

a) the date is still english even though time is shown correct in 24 hours format
b) in the overview the date is wrongly displayed as 02:00 instead of 14:00 (second should not be displayed)

See here www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_module_date_time_localization.swf

Markus

PS: Published should read veröffentlicht in overview - another localization problem

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jan-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

Thank you for reporting the missing translations in the language pack. I will check and log them.

For the issue with the datetime, I believe that if you go to Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> DynamicModules -> Controls -> Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.YourModule.YourContentTypeBackendDefinition -> Views -> YourContentTypeBackendList -> View Models -> Grid -> Columns -> YourDateTimeField and change the datetime format in Client Template, the issue will be solved.

If you have any other problems please do not hesitate to contact us again. 

As a gratitude to your help - I've increased your Telerik points.

All the best,
Nikolay Dimitrov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jan-2013 00:00

Dear Nikolay

Thank's for pointing out where to change it in the mighty fields of the advanced admin!

How about the error that 14:00 (2 pm) if choosen is shown as 02:00 (2 am)

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jan-2013 00:00

Hello Marcus,

Please, change the setting  of your hour format to  HH:mm:ss (use HH instead of hhin [Client Template] field .

<span> (Daten) ? Daten.sitefinityLocaleFormat('dd MMM, yyyy HH:mm:ss'): '-' </span>.

There are two types of hour formats:
HH - Hours with leading zero for single-digits hours; 24-hour clock.
hh - Hours with leading zero for single-digits hours; 12-hour clock.

Kind regards,

Sonya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed