5.3 configuring custom module wigets not working

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 09:48

5.3 configuring custom module wigets not working

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jan-2013 00:00

I have a custom module - Kurse (courses) with Kursdaten (Coursdates)

golf-winterberg.ch.mserver3.arvixevps.com/.../basiskurs

As you can see the coursedates are sorted by titles B1, B10, B11, B2 
I addes a startdate and want to have it sorted by that value

I try to follow http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/user-guide/widgets/content-widgets-group/configuring-custom-module-widgets

But it does not seem to be working

a) sort value entered in advanced don't seem to be saved
b) sorting setting don't seem to be saved

See this screencast http://www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_module_sorting.swf

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jan-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

Thank you for using our services. 
It turned out that this is a bug on our side -  Advance Settings for hierarchical custom modules are not saved, after being changed.  I logged this and we will be working on fixing it for our future releases.
Here you can find the PITS Issue: 14019

I updated your Telerik points.
I apologize for the inconvenience caused, let me know if you have further problems connected with this.

Regards,
Sonya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jan-2013 00:00

Dear Sonya

Another one finds a bug :-)

Any chance this will be fixed in the upcomming Hotfix or at least in 5.4?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

We are currently reviewing this bug and we'll try to fix it for upcoming 5.4 major release.
Thank you for your continued patience and support!

Regards,
Sonya
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2013 00:00

Dear Sonya

The problem is that I will have a site that will go online in March. If this is fixed in 5.4 i can wait. But if the fix won't make it then I need to programm my own widget wich will cost the client simply because this simple bug exsists.

Any change to get a commitment form Georgi and the Dev team?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

The fix will be included in 5.4.

All the best,
Sonya
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jan-2013 00:00

Great news.

Thank's a lot for the comittment. Hope to see many more fixes and improvements in 5.4

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Feb-2013 00:00

Sorry but it seems that this has not been solved at all.

PITS reports it resolved. But look at the screenshot . As in advanced mode still not saved :-( 

http://www.marktold.com/screencast/pits_14019.swf

Please check urgently.

Further more the translation a-z a-z ist double should be a-z z-a

Hope to get some feedback her soon and some fix as well.

You can also see the anoying having to relead the page to edit stuff that more people are having.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi Markus,

The Advanced settings are being saved as per the PITS item. However it appears as if there is a new bug in which the "Sort items" drop down won't save the "As set in Advanced mode" setting. I have logged this in PITS here.

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

Greetings,
Randy Hodge
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2013 00:00

Great 

At least we get another PITS. Now I only hope that this fix will make it into 6.0 because I start to get tired of hunting down bug, report then, check if they are fixed, report them, check again and test screencast and everything.

I know you have bigger things ahead with 6.0 but this is frutstrating to say the least.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Mar-2013 00:00

@Telerik

Reported Jan 14th

Any commitment that this will work (really work) in 6.0 from your team?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

The roadmap for 6.0 has not been finalized yet so I can't say if this is in the pipeline.

If I find out I'll follow up.

Kind regards,
Randy Hodge
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2013 00:00

Dear Randy

Has this been fixed in the upcomming 6.0 release?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Apr-2013 00:00

Hello Marcus,

Sorry. It seems not. If I can find out anything more I'll post here.

Greetings,
Randy Hodge
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Apr-2013 00:00

Dear Randy

Yeah why don't you do this and I will ask again once 6.2 has been released.

I know so much stuff is new and wonderfull but its sad when problems reported are not fixed within 2 major releases. Makes you feel like - why report, nothing is going to change anyhow.

new big stuff - new bugs - look at all open PITS BUGS Thats enough for your whole team to be working on a whole year.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2013 00:00

Dear Randy

Is this issue on the 6.1 list?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

I consulted with our Module Builder team for this bug and they said that they will do their best to fix the bug for the release of Sitefinity 6.1 version.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

All the best,
Kaloyan
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2013 00:00

I hope their best is good enough. Since this is a long standing issue.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Jan-2014 00:00

Well I updated the site from 5.4 to 6.3 and I have some questions

a) now I got 4 views  sf_view_6_3.png where there used to be only two sf_view_5_4.png
b) it seems to me the sort order is not persitent www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_module_sortorder_not_persistent.swf

Any help on this?

Markus

PS: 

www.telerik.com/.../pits.aspx claims that something related to the sorting (not the things above) was fixed in 6.1. However see my 6.3 screencast here www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_pits_14398.swf 

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi Markus,

You should set the dropdown to "As set in Advanced mode" then click "Advanced" and set Sort expression in the view definition. After this you can save and it is all persisted.

Otherwise on save the designer sees "By Title .." and updates the view definition, overriding your sort expression. The other way around - if you set "As set in Advanced mode" and Save then the current sort expression is saved, but that is "Title ASC" which is used to populate the dropdown when the designer is opened again and nothing is changed.

The confusion comes from the fact that the dropdown is bound to the same "Sort expression" field as the one seen in advanced and "As set in Advanced mode" does not set anything.

Regards,
Boyko Karadzhov
Telerik

This thread is closed