5.3 GroupPage with only RedirecPages not showing in navigati

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:26

5.3 GroupPage with only RedirecPages not showing in navigation

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jan-2013 00:00

I know a group page is looking for its first 'real' page in it.

But think about this.

MySite  has a Main Navigation Group Page called 'Link' and two redirect pages one to 'http://www.Telerik.com' the other one to 'http://www.sitefinity.com'

I only wished they would show up in the navigation.

As soon as I add any other real page the redirect will show. 

I simply think thats bad design, and in no way clear to a client.

http://www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_group_page_redirect_links.swf

I think group pages never really worked as a customer administrating would expect. But this is simply another example how an easy task simply can not be simply done!

Markus

PS: Just getting annoyed once more about this and try to have Telerik review its position on GroupPages.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

This is a bug in Sitefinity and we have this bug logged in our system. You could follow its status in PITS on the following URL.

I hope that we will be able to fix this problem soon.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2013 00:00

Dear Stefani

Sorry. But I don't you to hope for it to be fixed. I want Telerik to make Sitefinity work as expected. And this is a major but - PAGES NOT SHOWING IN NAVIGATION.

This problem was reported first on Sept 18th- www.sitefinity.com/.../groups-with-redirect-pages-does-not-show-in-menu

PITS shows entry on 24th Oct 12  so the issue will be 4 month old by the time 5.4 is released!!!!

Fix did not seem to make it into 5.2.3700,  5.2.3800 nor 5.3.3900 after the bug was reported. Not very satisfying!!!

Group pages have been troubling me for quite some time but this is the worst bug so far.

Get someone from Development commit to fixing this in 5.4 since there won't be a hotfix for 5.3 for other issues.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jan-2013 00:00

Hello Markus,

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.

I have talked to our UX team and this is indeed a serious bug. What I have done:
1. I have increased the bug priority and severity.
2. Then I have discussed the problem with a team that will be working on fixing this bug.

We will do our best to integrate the fix as soon as possible.

Thank you for the understanding and excuse me again.

Kind regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Dear Stefani

Thank's a lot. And I will do my best not to be hugely disappointed if this is still not fixed in 5.4. The whole PageGroup mess has been around for a long time and there should be still two weeks time for getting someone to fix such a bad bug for the next 5.4 release.

At the moment I still keep my hope up that you can deliver what I (and probably other) are expecting. 

Markus

I am trying to hack my way through this one as we speak!  1 VOTE from me!!!

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jan-2013 00:00

Hello,

Our developers have stared investigating where the problem comes from. I hope that the fix will be delivered with Sitefinity 5.4. I will inform you if there is new information connected to the issue.

Kind regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

@Markus
YES!  That was what i meant by 1 VOTE from me. :-)

By the way we just made it redirect in server side code. Not ideal of course.

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2013 00:00

Dear Stefani

I am glad to hear that the team at least started to look at the problem. That's a beginning.

Sure hope this and other bugs will be fixed in 5.4

Markus

This thread is closed