Alt-tag on Image

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:02

Alt-tag on Image

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jan-2013 00:00

Hello Telerik Team, 

Is there a way to Configure / Enable / Set up  alt tags on images for sitefinity ?

please assist.

Thanks in Advance,

Maulik Contractor

Maulik.contractor@boxerproperty.com

Hi Maulik,

Alt attributes are supported by default. You can edit them if you navigate to an image library and select a picture (see attachment). Whether it is rendered on pages depends on the (custom) widget displaying the image.

Thanks Arno for your prompt reply.

I have done the same but it does not reflect what we have writeN on alternative text, it will reflect only writen on Title Field .  And it will work for some images not for all images.

is there anything else we resolved this ?

Thanks Again

Maulik

Hi Maulik,

In that case I think you need to elaborate a bit about what exactly you have configured and where you are not seeing the alt attribute text. Perhaps then someone knows what's causing this.

here we go.

if you go through below give URL and mouse over first image you cant get alt tag.

http://www.boxerproperty.com/tips-tools-advice/featured-tenants

but selet "read more" and go through below given URl and mouse over image you will get alt tag

http://www.boxerproperty.com/blogs/featured-tenants/boxer-property-welcomes-patriot-payment-group 

but you can try same thing with other images , have same configuration on sitefinity but cant getting alt tag.

Thanks

Maulik

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2013 00:00

Hi Maulik,

Actually, the mouse over behavior is not a good indication of whether there is an alt attribute, as the browser decides what to display. You have to check the HTML. Actually, in this case, the image on the first page does have an alt attribute (see attachment), but the browser (Chrome in my case) may not display alt attributes but just title attributes. Search engines will find it though, if that's your concern. The image on the second page does not have an alt attribute, but it has a title attribute.

I'm not sure which widgets/module you're using to do this, but most probably you can customize the template to get what you want. I would recommend to either consult the documentation or submit a support ticket for that.

This thread is closed