5.3 Cannot create content items after migrating to new serve

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 03:10

5.3 Cannot create content items after migrating to new server

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2013 00:00

Hi all,

We built an application in Sitefinity 5.3 for a client and are having serious issues after they set up the project on their servers. We have a custom module we built with the module builder and we also added custom fields to the blog posts module. Now we cannot create either of these items on their staging environment. On the rare occasion that a post gets created, it returns us to the admin section and the post is locked immediately and cannot be edited. We added custom fields to the Blog Posts module and have a feeling that might be breaking something somewhere. IF anyone could please let me know if they have any ideas I would greatly appreciate it. 

Thanks,

Gianluca Balzano

Check to ensure all the config files in "App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration" were pushed from Dev to Staging.

When new Config files are created by Sitefinity in Dev, they are not automatically added to the Visual Studio project.  This causes them to not be included on a Visual Studio "Publish" and can cause issues like described.

Hi Stephen2,
    Thank you for the response. I had thought that could have been an issue as well, but I included the whole Sitefinity -> Configuration folder. Attached is a screenshot of the config files that I have included in the project. Is there any way that some connection string somewhere is pointed to the wrong spot? I'm also having issues with our user controls. Every time I drag them on a page I get the folowwing error message: 
    "id cannot be an empty guid"

Thanks you very much for your assistance Stephen2.

Gianluca Balzano

Resolved.

It turns out that with the Staging and Syncing module, along with possible differences in databases. may have caused an issue. Somehow content item specs were changed and then we synced, and that's when everything started blowing up. I sent the client a backup of our working database and had them restore it, and that resolved our issue. Thanks everyone.

Gianluca Balzano

Glad it worked out for you Gianluca :)

This thread is closed