Breadcrumb + TaxonomyControl

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 05:50

Breadcrumb + TaxonomyControl

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2013 00:00

Not sure if this is an option or a limitation

When you use the taxonomy control to filter results, the taxon items do not appear in the breadcrumb, thus leaving the user with no way to "go back" to a previous nested hierarchical taxon

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jan-2013 00:00

Hello Steve,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

If you want to show the titles of the content items in the Sitefinity breadcrumb widget,  you can set the AllowVirtualNodes property of the widget. We have KB article on the topic:

www.sitefinity.com/.../including-item-titles-in-the-sitefinity-breadcrumb

Let me know if the above suggestion helps you to generate the proper links for the items.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jan-2013 00:00

So thats not just Item Titles, but the full taxonomy structure?

Like if this is my url
/posts/-in-categories/category/bread/white/soft

The breadcrumb text would be the following?...
/ Posts / Bread / White / Soft

?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Feb-2013 00:00

Hello Steve,

The built - in logic for the virtual nodes works for content items, however when filtering, the details view control does not have a mechanism with which to know on what is being filtered, so that the breadcrumb can add proper titles and build the links correctly.

If you want to try to achieve the desired functionality when using classifications to filter the content, you might need to override the IBreadcrumExtender.GetVirtualNodes method which is implemented by ContentView. However you might need to create logic which can help you taxonomy title from the item which is being filtered.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Feb-2013 00:00

Sorry I should mention that I already HAVE done this...but it would be nice to be out of the box :)

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Feb-2013 00:00

Hello Steve,

I have logged the item as a feature request in PITS, so you can track its status and vote for it:

www.telerik.com/.../pits.aspx

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed