Events widget - Current and Upcoming Events

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:20

Events widget - Current and Upcoming Events

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jan-2013 00:00

It seems that when you have some events without an END date (which seems to be allowed in Sitefinity by default), the Events widget doesn't always behave correctly.  If you select "upcoming events only" setting, then all upcoming events show up (the ones with start + end date, AND the ones that only have start date).  However, if you select "Current and Upcoming Events" setting, then you ONLY see events that have both the start AND end date (regardless of whether they are current or in the future).

In other words, if you have future events that only have a start date (no end date),those events do not show up when the Events widget is set to "Current and Upcoming".  They DO show up if you only select "upcoming."

I understand that current event cannot be determined without an END date.  But for FUTURE events this shouldn't be an issue.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi Marko,

This is a known issue with the Events widget and it has been logged in our system for fixing. However I have created PITS issue where you can track its progress and vote to increase its popularity.

Please excuse us for the inconvenience this may cause you.

Greetings,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Feb-2013 00:00

Thanks.  I voted.  For now, I'll just use Upcoming Events Only setting.  That covers the most cases anyways, but it's a problem that current events (even ones with an end date) won't be shown because of that setting.

This thread is closed