Admin and collapsing tree structure frustration

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:18

Admin and collapsing tree structure frustration

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Feb-2013 00:00

This is something that has made me and my team incredibly frustrated today.

We have a lot of management of lots of departments to do and we're having to make small amendments to each one.

Problem is after every edit the damn tree structures collapses and resets to it's start view which means every edit involves scanning the list for the parent department, expand it, scan for child, expand it, scan for child, expand, edit, save, repeat. The clicks, the eye scanning, the slight wait for every node to expand... time and time again... it's exhausting!

Is it possible to get the tree structure to remember where the user was viewing last? 

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi Nick,

I am afraid that this is the default behavior of departments and we are not able to provide you with different tree structure that remember the the structure before a user edit an item. I have add a feature request in our system and I hope we will be able to implement this functionality soon. You could follow the status of the feature request on the follow URL.

Greetings,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed