Forms not included in synching tool

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:23

Forms not included in synching tool

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi, 

I have sitefinity 5.3 and when I run the syncing tool my forms don't sync. The pages containing the forms sync. 

What should I do? How do you guys sync your forms? 

Do any of you use the syncing tool ?

Best Regards, 

Dave

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Feb-2013 00:00

Hello Dave,

Thanks for using Sitefinity.

According to our documentation forms are not yet a part of the Sitefinity Site Sync package. This package also excludes modules such as eCommerce and Forums.

I apologize for the inconvenience and although I don't have a set release date for syncing forms, the development team is working hard to improve Site Sync in future releases.

Kind regards,
Patrick Dunn
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Feb-2013 00:00

Looks like I'm writing my own scripts for this. 

Should be awesome. 

Thanks for the update!

- Dave

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Feb-2013 00:00

To anyone who has written custom code to sync items like forms or pageitems or widgets...

Do you  use the API or do you use Sql scripts. I don't know how I'm going to be able to import these pages with forms we have on staging short of having to recreate every form on production by hand...

- Dave

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2014 00:00

Any update on this?  Are you still not able to sync forms using the provided sync tool?  

Posted by Community Admin on 06-May-2014 00:00

Well I was on 5.4 and I never got it working on 5.4

I'm currently upgrading to 6.3 and in my 6.3 test environment FORMS are able to be synch'd. (I haven't tested it yet).  We decided to use  Salesforce for all our forms, so we abandoned Sitefinity's built in form options.

So nope - I never figured it out. 

Posted by Community Admin on 09-May-2014 00:00

Hi Keith,

The Forms are included in the Synchronization content.

More information which content could be synced could be found here.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Nov-2014 00:00

Starting with what version are they sync-able? We are using 6.1 and I don't see forms included in the list on the content sync page.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Nov-2014 00:00

We currently run 6.3 and forms are sync-able for us. I thought it came with 6.

Maybe you need to upgrade to 6.3?   

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2014 00:00

Hello Beth,

The Forms synchronization is introduced in version 6.3.

In order to have this functionality you need to upgrade at least to that version or the latest one, following that article.

I hope the information above was useful.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Feb-2015 00:00

I'm trying to get an SF update project scheduled with our IT department, but it will take awhile. In the mean time, is there ANY work around for this? I need to be able to publish/sync some content between our staging and production servers, but it contains forms. 

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Feb-2015 00:00

I never found one. I had to upgrade to version 6. 

This thread is closed