Page group not redirecting to first page

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:23

Page group not redirecting to first page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Feb-2013 00:00

We have SF5.3 running in our development environments, Win 7 with IIS 7.5, and we're having this problem:

Example of a real Sitefinity page: /myPageGroup/home.aspx

1. Navigating to /myPageGroup results in a 404.
  2. Navigating to /myPageGroup/ results in a 404.
  3. The generated 404 is an IIS 404, not the 404 page we have set in web.config. 
  4. Apparently, these requests go to the StaticFile handler, and are not touched by asp.net.

This is driving me mad.. it works fine when I run a new SF53 site from the project manager, but when I run the "real" site from IIS, this happens.

Thanks in advance!

Michael Snyder
ConnectionsAcademy.com

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi,

Can you try with the following snippet in you web.config under the marked line:

<urlCompression doDynamicCompression="true" doStaticCompression="true" dynamicCompressionBeforeCache="false" />
    <!--<httpErrors errorMode="Custom" defaultResponseMode="Redirect">
      <remove statusCode="404" subStatusCode="-1" />
      <error statusCode="404" subStatusCode="-1" path="YouCustomErrorPage" responseMode="ExecuteURL" />

Greetings,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Feb-2013 00:00

Thank for the reply Pavel -- unfortunately, this didn't do anything. This is an IIS level error; these 404s aren't going through asp.net (see point 4 in my original post).

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2013 00:00

Hello,

The httpErrors section is how IIS will handle the errors. It is basically the same as to open IIS and go to your project's IIS ErrorPages and assign them from there - see image. For more information please refer to the following article.

If you are still experiencing troubles could you please share how your error pages are configured in web.config and IIS?

Kind regards,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Feb-2013 00:00

Thanks for the extra detail, Pavel. This did the trick.

This thread is closed