5.2 -> 5.3 module

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:39

5.2 -> 5.3 module

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Feb-2013 00:00

Seems as if creating new LongText fields on 5.3 on a 5.2 (or earlier) module creates the datatype as "LString", but leaves the old fields still as "string"

Shouldn't she be one or the other?...its annoying to have to GetValue then get an exception b/c you used the wrong string type.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi Steve,

When 5.3 was out, we introduced MultiLingual for 5.3, so by default all new fields that are created in a custom module, built with the module builder, are localizable. However the old fields are not converted to LStrings, but you have the option to convert them to such type. In order to achieve this, you can go to the backend page, which lists all fields for the content type of your custom module. Then if you edit each one of the fields, you will see an option:

"Make localizable" which when clicked will convert your old data type to Lstring.  I have attached a screenshot of the location of the option.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2013 00:00

Did this option go away in 5.4?

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello Scott,

The option is also available in 5.4 - there were no changes in regards to adding a localized field to a dynamic module.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Mar-2013 00:00

How come I don't see this option?

I have attached a screenshot of what I see when I go into the module builder-specific module and click on a field to edit.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi Scott,

The fact that you do not have the option in 5.4 since it was introduced in 5.3 is pretty strange. It is possible that the module builder was not upgraded properly. What I would suggest you would be to deactivate the module builder and then uninstall it from Administration -> Modules. Then install it again, which should fix the issue.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed