Only one instance of a ScriptManager can be added to the pag

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 03:30

Only one instance of a ScriptManager can be added to the page error message

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2013 00:00

I am using a custom User Control that requires the RadScriptManager control in order to function since it is using numerous RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX.

I have included the RadScriptManager in the Title & Properties for my Sitefinity Content Page, but this functionality does not seem sufficient to get my controls to render properly.

When I subsequently add the RadScriptManager directly to my User Control, I get an error message in the Error Log file as well as within my Sitefinity Content Page "Only one instance of a ScriptManager can be added to the page".

How do I resolve this error message in my Sitefinity Content Page as well as within my error log files and still get the content leveraging the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX to render properly?

Please advise since this issue has been plaguing me since Sitefinity v. 4.x.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Feb-2013 00:00

Error message from error log:

Timestamp: 2/11/2013 3:38:53 AM

Message: HandlingInstanceID: 29ecb590-c661-48ac-9c9a-a17eff8a03db
An exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException' occurred and was caught.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
02/10/2013 19:38:53
Type : System.InvalidOperationException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Message : Only one instance of a ScriptManager can be added to the page.
Source : System.Web.Extensions
Help link : 
Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite : Void OnInit(System.EventArgs)
HResult : -2146233079
Stack Trace :    at System.Web.UI.ScriptManager.OnInit(EventArgs e)
   at Telerik.Web.UI.RadScriptManager.OnInit(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index)
   at System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.AddParsedSubObject(Object obj)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.System.Web.UI.IParserAccessor.AddParsedSubObject(Object obj)
   at ASP.usercontrols_registration_ucregistrationwizard_ascx.__BuildControlTree(usercontrols_registration_ucregistrationwizard_ascx __ctrl)
   at ASP.usercontrols_registration_ucregistrationwizard_ascx.FrameworkInitialize()
   at System.Web.UI.UserControl.InitializeAsUserControlInternal()
   at System.Web.UI.UserControl.OnInit(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index)
   at System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.DesignTimeControl.CreateChildControls()

Additional Info:

MachineName : W12
TimeStamp : 2/11/2013 3:38:53 AM
FullName : Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities, Version=5.3.3900.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563
AppDomainName : /LM/W3SVC/23968/ROOT-1-130050260992954110
ThreadIdentity : trcacademy
WindowsIdentity : W12\aspnet_23968

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2013 00:00

Hello Samir,

Please check this forum thread for more information:

www.sitefinity.com/.../only-one-instance-of-a-scriptmanager-can-be-added-to-the-page 

All the best,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2015 00:00

One of the problems I have with the proposed solution is that it requires a custom Master Page that contains a ScriptManager control on it.  However, I am using a Sitefinity Master Page that I designed directly through the Sitefinity UI.  Therefore, how can I include a ScriptManager control in that Page Template?  Is there a way to accomplish this without writing my own custom Master Page?  That would be ideal.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Feb-2015 00:00

Hi Samir,

One way is to create a custom control on which you can add a script manager and then add this control on the template. This way the script manager will be added on all pages which are based on the template and this way you will not have to create a .master page. 

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed