5.3 Blog Post comment moderation forced on

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:42

5.3 Blog Post comment moderation forced on

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi all, 

It seems like I have no control over whether or not commenting on blog posts requires moderation or not. I have disabled these options in the following locations:

1.) Administration -> Basic -> Comments  

Comments have to be approved before appearing on the site (bit field)

2.) Administration -> Advanced -> Blogs -> Comments Settings

Approve Comments (text field)

3.) Administration -> Advanced -> Comments -> Comments Settings

Approve Comments (text field)

4.) Content -> Blogs -> My Blog -> Actions -> Title and Properties

Comments have to be approved before appearing on the site (bit field)

Even though all of these options have been disabled I still have to manually go in an approve the comments, and that is not what my client requires for this application. If anyone has any idea of anything I could be missing I would greatly appreciate the assistance. Thank you all for your help.

Gianluca Balzano

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2013 00:00

Hello,

Modifying the settings for comments writes the changes to sitefinity configuration files in App_Data/Sitefintiy/Configuration. The settings may appear saving in the backend, but if there is no read, write and modify permission over App_Data folder in IIS the changes will not be saved. Make sure there is full control over App_Data folder and the folder is not write protected.

All the best,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi,

I have the same problem in SF 5.2.3800 and I have full control over the App_Data folder and it's not write protected.

Do you have any other suggestions Stanislav?

Best regards,

Eric Andrén

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi,

When modifying the settings for blogs they will be written to the configuration files in BlogsConfig.config with the help of a web service. If the web service fails when modifying the change comments configuration the settings for blogs will not be applied. Using firebugs net tab and go to change settings for blogs and while doing so monitor if a service request fails and if BlogsConfig.config gets updated with the settings you made.

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed