5.4 pages under grouppages not showing in Panelbar

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:19

5.4 pages under grouppages not showing in Panelbar

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Feb-2013 00:00

@Telerik

I have a ticket open so these questions might be adressed to the fourm only. Don't want to double post but its kind of urgent so I look for both sides (Telerik/Forum) for advice.

I just upgraded a site from 5.3 to 5.4

I use a RadPanelbar for subnavigtion using the SitefinitSiteMap as datasource. both in my template.

Now in 5.3 everything worked fine. in 5.4 however it seems as soon as I have pages under a group page the navigation is lost. 

http://www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_panelbar_grouppages.swf show what is happening.

Another Screencast demonstrating that pages under regular pages are working

http://www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_grouppages_problem.swf

Markus

Yup, I can confirm. Already started this conversation on Google+ and in a support ticket. Pretty critical for my websites.

@Daniel

Critical. I wanted to go online next Monday and just waited for 5.4 because of the library sorting beeing fixed.

Now this. Now redirect pages under groups show up but the rest is messed up. 

Markus

PS: not this realy is a test how responsive Telerik is. We know SF is but let's see what the team comes up.

Yes, me too.
@Sitefinity: pretty silent at the moment. Anyone of the team can shed some light on this?

Sorry, I don't have immediate answers for you.  It's after hours for the bulk of our support team.  However, if I see anything internally that might help, I'll be sure to relay it.

Gabe Sumner
Telerik | Sitefinity CMS

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2013 00:00

Dear Gabe

Thank's for joining in. Hope we get a fix today because this is bad.

Markus

Also, the same happens when using the SitefinitySiteMapDataSource in codebehind. I have a custom template for the navigation making use of the SitefinitySiteMapDataSource, which suffers from the same problem. When debugging, the datasource just contains no nodes, thus nothing shows up.

Please fix this!

Matthias

@Telerik

How about a: Thank's for reporting this, we are currently working with high priority on this and are hoping to have a hotfix later today :-)

Markus

Hi Markus,

I've an active support ticket running regarding this issue.
Not yet a solution, but hopefully something will be clarified.

---
Daniel

Just received an answer

The issue reproduces
with group pages only, and a fix is currently queued for build and will be
tested once ready. I'll get back to you immediately once we have the results.

Wo I am confident that we will have a fix tomorrow. Which would be great. Thanks Telerik for working on it.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Feb-2013 00:00

Hello all,

Thank you for reporting this problem.

The hot fix has been released. You could download it from your account.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Any instructions from 5.4.4000 to 5.4.4010?

Can we simply exchange some .dll or do we have to go through some kind of update process?

Markus

Hi,

Unfortunately, you should perform an upgrade procedure in order the changes to take effect. Use the steps from 1 to 5 in the following article.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

@Telerik

1) Just out of curiosity. What files were changed! Because I don't see any file size chages of the  .4000 to .4010 dlls

2) There is still room for improvments. Grouppages without real pages are simply not possible. 

www.marktold.com/screencast/sf_grouppages_5_4_hf_1.swf

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi,

This is a new build number, so the database and configurations need to be upgraded. In other words, steps 1-5 from the linked article are about equal to just replacing the dlls and starting the site. Since you have already upgraded to 4000 there's no need to go over the additional steps.

Please note that this is a new build and all assemblies should be changed, because they have a new build version.

Kind regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi Markus,

Make sure you vote also for this PITS item: http://knstr.it/WWMtcg
So we don't need to use custom usercontrols for our subnavigation.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Feb-2013 00:00

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for sharing the link to the PITS item with the community.

All the best,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Feb-2013 00:00

installed the hotfix, it solved problem with sub pages not showing under group pages...

This thread is closed