Sitefinity 5.3 Navigation doesn't work in iOS Devices

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 11:27

Sitefinity 5.3 Navigation doesn't work in iOS Devices

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi,

The standard navigation for sitefinity doesn't work on ipad. I found a related post for this www.telerik.com/.../ipad-href-problem.aspx , I assume the standard navigation of Sitefinity also uses the RadMenu control.. However I can't seem to be able to update the dlls in the  service pack version 2012.3.130 ( Which includes the fix to the radmenu ) in the sitefinity project. Whenever I replace the dlls, I get this error "I get an error "The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference." Can someone please provide me with a fix or a detailed explanation how to get this working?

Hi Khai,

That problem occurs with this version of the RadControls (RadMenu). This was fixed with the release of 5.4, so I suggest to upgrade your product to the latest version.

Kind regards,
Daniel

What if I don't want to upgrade to 5.4 yet ? Is there no alternative way to get the new radcontrols in the sitefinity project?

Hi Khai,

If you don't want to upgrade, you can try to use assembly binding, but I doubt if this works, since Sitefinity relies also on the RadControls.

You can check this article from Sitefinity Steve on how this works.

I would encourage you to upgrade, since the 5.4 offers a big performance increase!

Kind regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Feb-2013 00:00

Upgrading the controls in sitefinity doesn't work because it breaks the rad filepicker control ( used for picking a masterpage when creating a template ).. I'm having troubles aswell with upgrading to 5.4,.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Feb-2013 00:00

What troubles are you running into? Maybe I can be of any help. Let me know.
You can also mail me on mail at konstrui dot nl.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi Khai,

As Daniel pointed out, can you please share with us what are the exact issues you're experiencing after the upgrade, so we can give you a hand in resolving them.

Can you please confirm if you have followed the official upgrade instructions and also if any of the problemas have not beena ddressed by our recent webinar on the topic: Common Issues with Sitefinity Upgrades.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed