The project went into Startup after loading new license file

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 09:20

The project went into Startup after loading new license file

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi All,

I just loaded my sitefinity with a new license file and then it keep redirecting me to Project startup page. Before the new license is loaded, there has been a existing website in there. How do I make it load the existing website instead of going to Project Startup page.

Regards,

Ik Zu Quan

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Feb-2013 00:00

After i do the checking of files individually, i notice that the whole App_Data was deleted and replaced with a new empty folder. How can i restore it???

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello,

Basically you will be redirected to the project startup page if the configuration files are missing - as in your case, it seems that the whole application data folder is missing. What I would suggest is to restore a previous copy of your project ( a backup one ) or extract only the App_Data folder from a backup of the project, and then replace the license file, which is located in App_Data/Sitefinity. Unfortunately there is no built - in mechanism in Sitefinity for restoring deleted folders on your machine, but if you do not have any backup files, you can ask an administrator to perform a system restore or other kind of backup of your machine.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi Victor,

I manage to restore the files using the windows 7 restore function. although it is not the latest files, but it is better than nothing. thanks =)

Regards,

Ik Zu Quan

This thread is closed