Users not loading when using IIS

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:18

Users not loading when using IIS

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Feb-2013 00:00

Sitefinity 5.4, Windows Server 2012, MS SQL Server 2012, IIS 8.0

I am unable to pull up the backend Users page with a brand new site, using IIS 8.0 (app pool as network service).  That page continually spins the loading message.

The Pages backend page returns several error one of which is a 404.

What configuration needs done on IIS 8.0 to get the site to respond?

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi Mark,

I believe the problem is a compatibility issue since you are running Windows Server 2012. The platform is not supported by Sitefinity and thus the unpredictable behavior. Please take a look at our System Requirements page.

All the best,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi Pavel,

According to the requirements page, Windows Server 2012 is supported

Server-side requirementsMicrosoft® Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Azure32-bit or 64-bit operating systemInternet Information Services 6.0 to 8.0

I am getting an error 

Detailed Error Information:

Module
   IIS Web Core 

Notification
   BeginRequest 

Handler
   Not yet determined 

Error Code
   0x80070021 

Config Error
   This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level. Locking is either by default (overrideModeDefault="Deny"), or set explicitly by a location tag with overrideMode="Deny" or the legacy allowOverride="false".  

Config File
   \\?\C:\hosted\sites\sf_dev_site1\web.config 

Requested URL
   dev.site1.com:80/sitefinity 

Physical Path
   C:\hosted\sites\sf_dev_site1\sitefinity 

Logon Method
   Not yet determined 

Logon User
   Not yet determined 

Config Source:
  249:     </modules>
  250:     <handlers>
  251:       <remove name="WebDAV" />

Any Idea what is happening here and how to resolve this

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2013 00:00

Hello John,

At the time when I wrote the reply (01-Mar-2013) Windows Server 2012 was still not officially supported by Sitefinity. 

It seems that IIS needs to be further configured on your server. Can you please try the suggestions provided in the following thread and let us know of the outcome? Also go through our Documentation on setting up IIS to host Sitefinity projects and make sure that everything is correctly configured.

Kind regards,
Pavel Benov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed