5.3 Feeds & Nofications Newtonsoft.Json error

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:33

5.3 Feeds & Nofications Newtonsoft.Json error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Feb-2013 00:00

Hi!
I've just setup a twitter account for our website and when clicking on Actions -> Run under the Feeds & Nofitications page I get a popup saying

"Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=4.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKey=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)"

Any ideas on how to fix this? If it comes to it I will open a support ticket but just wondered if anyone else had hit this problem.

Hi Owain,

Would it be possible to check the version of the Newtonsoft.Json dll referenced in your project? I have had cases when the reference to this dll was either missing or wrong. 

Kind regards,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Atanas,

Within the Bin folder I have Product version 3.5.0.0 of Newtonsoft.Jscon dll file. So this is obviously the wrong version. Where can I get the latest version because in the empty project folder within the project manager there isn't a copy of Newtonsoft.Jscon dll

Hello Owain,

Try with this one. 

Kind regards,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Brilliant! That worked perfectly.

O.

This thread is closed