Cannot unlock page

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:12

Cannot unlock page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Feb-2013 00:00

I have a page that I cannot unlock. It claims it is locked by another user. That user unlocks and publishes the page yet it still comes back as locked whenever I go in to try and edit. 

I am completely stuck right now and can't edit this page at all.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Mar-2013 00:00

I have the exact same problem. Any ideas on this?

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello,

Upon publishing a page the currently edited version of the page is checked out into a Temp verision (a temp version is temporary state of the page that you edit ) and upon saving or publishing the page the Temp version is deleted and merged with the page. In the case when the page remains locked the temp version of the page will not be deleted. The web request that is going to delete the page is failing.
I think this is an issue that can only be encountered at the server where the site is currently running, if you run the site on local computer in IIS you will not get the problem.
Some server setting is the culprit for the page remaining locked, this can be missing handler mappings verb (here is a screenshot). To be certain where the problem occurs test running the project outside of the current environment and see if the page will again remain locked after publish. If its not the issue is at the server. Let me know what additional modules or url rewrite rules are used at the server to try pinpint the cause of the problem.

Greetings,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed