Permissions for custom content items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 00:13

Permissions for custom content items

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2013 00:00

I've created a custom module using module builder. There are two content types defined within this module. I was hoping to change the permissions on each content type differently. I found the following information on how to do so:

http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/using-your-custom-module

Section 'Permissions for custom content items'

Clicking the 'Permissions' link when I'm within the one content type -- the page simply spins forever (see attached image).

Is this a bug? I'm using v5.2....(logged in as admin)

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello,

This is not a bug, the problem could be an issue with the module encountered during its activiation or browser related problem.
Test to modify permissions for the module using another browser.

If the issue is occuring at sitefintiy runtime there must be an error log generated for this problem in App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs/Error.log, reproduce the problem by navigating to permissions for the module and check Error.log for error message (the latest error log is at the bottom of the file) there is a timestamp indicating the time where the error occured. Let me know what is the full error from the log.

When module built with the module builder is activated it writes all its related data in App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/DynamicModulesConfig.config and for permissions in /SecurityConfig.config, to ensure writing data to the config files will not encounter a problem grant App_Data folder and all subfolders read, write, modify permissions in IIS as sitefinity refers to the configuration files when working with dynamic modules.

Regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed