Module builder type error

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:28

Module builder type error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2013 00:00

I sometimes get this error randomly:

"Expected instance of type Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.TagsorDossierPages.TagsOrDossierPage
Parameter name: component
Actual value was Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.TagsorDossierPages.TagsOrDossierPage."

The weird thing is that the actual value is exact the same as the expected value... After 1-3 refresh the page will display again without the error. 

Has anyone encountered this aswell? 

I also am having issues with this error. I hope a Sitefinity employee has some advice on how to fix this error?

"Expected instance of type Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.Articles.Article

Actual value was Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.Articles.Article"

We are using version 5.3.3900.

i have the same problem - the expected type is the same as the actual type.

does a sitefinity employee have any input on this?

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2013 00:00

We're having the same issue. We have upgraded sitefinity from 5.3... and this is a newly created module since the upgrade.

We see the exception frequently.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Mar-2013 00:00

I'm unable to continue development on my site due to this error. Could anyone please help?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Mar-2013 00:00

I was able to find a solution to this issue - we are using multiple content types which meant that we were using DynamicModuleManager.GetManager() for each content type. 

I have the line of code

DynamicModuleManager manager = DynamicModuleManager.GetManager();

I fixed the error by adding the following line of code after the code blocks where I get the data items:

manager.Dispose();

Becca

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi guys,

This issue has been reported to us in a couple of support tickets, but so far we're not able to reproduce it. It seems that it occcurs in 5.3 only. We have requested the projects of the clients for observation, and will let you know once we have news about it. I can suggest you to open a support ticket and send us a copy of the problematic project, so that we can debug it here. Another option is to try to upgrade the project to 5.4 and see if you will experience the same error (as I already mentioned, this hasn't been reported for version 5.4). 

Greetings,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi there,

As mentioned above, we are getting this in our SF 5.4 sites.  (upgraded from 5.3)

We have created a support ticket with copy of DB + Project... #665453
This is a critical bug for us.

Thanks

Tim

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Mar-2013 00:00

Nice! Can someone from Telerik verify if this is a fix for the problem? I've initiliazed the dynamicmanager as private readonly _dynamicManager = DynamicManager.GetManager();.. I don't know if that is the cause of the problem.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2013 00:00

I keep getting this on every site now

Definatly not 5.3 only, we're 5.4 HF1

Expected instance of type Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.ASA.Committee
Actual value was Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.ASA.Committee.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during
the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace
for more information about the error and where it originated in the
code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Expected instance of type Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.ASA.Committee
Actual value was Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.ASA.Committee.

Source Error:
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current
web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the
exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:
[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Expected instance of type Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.ASA.Committee
Actual value was Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.ASA.Committee.]
Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Metadata.OnlineFieldDescriptor.GetFieldMeta(PersistenceCapable component) +161
Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.Metadata.OnlineFieldDescriptor.GetValue(Object component) +50
Telerik.Sitefinity.Descriptors.LstringPropertyDescriptor.TryGetResourceValue(Object component, String& value, CultureInfo culture) +73
Telerik.Sitefinity.Descriptors.LstringPropertyDescriptor.GetValue(Object component, CultureInfo culture, Boolean throwException, CultureInfo[] defaultCultures) +60
Telerik.Sitefinity.Descriptors.LstringPropertyDescriptor.GetValue(Object component, CultureInfo culture, Boolean throwException) +71
Telerik.Sitefinity.Descriptors.LstringPropertyDescriptor.GetStringExplicitFallback(Object component, CultureInfo culture, Boolean fallback) +57
Telerik.Sitefinity.Descriptors.LstringPropertyDescriptor.GetString(Object component, CultureInfo culture, Boolean fallback) +80
Telerik.Sitefinity.Model.Lstring.GetString(CultureInfo culture, Boolean fallback) +65
Telerik.Sitefinity.Model.Lstring.get_Value() +35
Telerik.Sitefinity.Model.Lstring.op_Implicit(Lstring lstring) +33
OCFP.Widgets.CodeBehind.CommitteeMember..ctor(DynamicContent member) +99
lambda_method(Closure , LinqExecutor ) +65
Telerik.OpenAccess.Query.LinqExecutor.CalculateResult(Object projectionValues, Type t) +35
Telerik.OpenAccess.Query.TypedEnumerator`1.ObtainCurrent() +74
Telerik.OpenAccess.Query.TypedEnumerator`1.get_Current() +15
Telerik.OpenAccess.Query.TypedEnumerator`1.System.Collections.IEnumerator.get_Current() +36
Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.Linq.DataItemEnumerator.System.Collections.IEnumerator.get_Current() +14
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +9546892
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +61
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.DataBind() +105
OCFP.Widgets.CodeBehind.ASAConferenceBrowserCodeBehind.OnASAConferenceBrowserCodeBehind_ItemDataBound(Object sender, RadListViewItemEventArgs e) +495
System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e) +0
Telerik.Web.UI.RadListView.OnItemDataBound(RadListViewItemEventArgs e) +81
Telerik.Web.UI.RadListView.BuildDataItem(Int32 itemsCreatedCount, Control itemContainer, Boolean dataBinding, Object dataItem, Int32& controlIndex) +249
Telerik.Web.UI.RadListView.CreateDataItems(Control container, IEnumerable dataSource, Boolean dataBinding) +361
Telerik.Web.UI.RadListView.CreateChildControls(IEnumerable dataSource, Boolean dataBinding) +681
Telerik.Web.UI.RadListView.PerformDataBinding(IEnumerable data) +91
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.OnDataSourceViewSelectCallback(IEnumerable data) +123
System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +33
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +138
Telerik.Web.UI.RadListView.PerformSelect() +24
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +30
Telerik.Web.UI.RadListView.DataBind() +17
Telerik.Web.UI.RadListView.AutoDataBind(RadListViewRebindReason rebindReason) +147
Telerik.Web.UI.RadListView.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +180
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +54
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +145
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +145
System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) +260
System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child) +86
Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.SimpleView.CreateChildControls() +85
System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +83
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +42
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +168
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +974

**Have a couple tickets in with the project files**

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2013 00:00

...and here's a video of it happening
http://screencast.com/t/4KSNEdNj

I've never had this happen before...is it related to the GetValue on Lstring?

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello all,

After further investigation we found that the problem is caused by a bug in Sitefinity, which will be fixed in our upcoming release Sitefinity 6.0. The Sitefinity 6.0 release is planned for April 2013. Please excuse us for the inconvenience the bug caused you.

Kind regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Mar-2013 00:00

Is there a workaround for this issue?

Jason

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello Jason,

The problems has been found, fixed and will be included in our upcoming release Sitefinity 6.0. At the moment there is no workaround for it.

All the best,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Apr-2013 00:00

Dear Stefani,

Is there already a date for the upcomming release of Sitefinity 6.0?

We're close to a deadline and we can't afford ourselves to launch this website with a bug / a bug without a workaround.

If you join the Google+ dev community Gabe let it slip that it'll be LIKELY the last week of april
plus.google.com/.../101682685148530961591

So, can we have a workaround for the next 3 weeks? It's not something I want to bother customers with. Just to put it in perspective: first they had a working version, then they paid to upgrade their website for great additions, last they end up with this bug that we can't fix for them.

Any comments?

Thanks!

I completely agree with Daniel. I'm blocked on this same issue.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi,

Sitefinity 5.4 Hotfix 3 has just been released. It provides a fix for a randomly reproducible exception when using Sitefinity Module Builder. More information cold be found in this forum thread.  Please note that we have create a hot fix for Sitefinity 5.3 version as well. You could download the Hotfix from your accounts.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

This thread is closed