users not able to log in, any known issues?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 04:49

users not able to log in, any known issues?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi All,
We just had an issue in production where users were not able to log into our site(front end, didnt test logging into the backend). We have a custom login process but basically we are getting all our users from Active directory and are using the following line of code to authenticate:
             var auth = SecurityManager.AuthenticateUser(creds.MembershipProvider, creds.UserName,                                         creds.Password, true);
AD response are being cached for 30 minutes.

Before I could gather enough information the application pool was recycled and everything was back up an running again. I didnt even get time to try log into the backend area. I realise there could have been a billion reasons for this to have happened and as a result we are setting up monitoring and better logging. The site app pool is getting restarted each morning at 5am, the problem started about 3 hours later. 

But I'm just wondering if there are any known issues around this? 

I apologise for not providing much information as I didn't get time to retrieve any before it was resolved.

Thanks,
Joel

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi,

Could you please tell us, does this behavior occurred every time you tried to login, or it happend only once? Would it be possible for you to delete your browser cache and inform us if the problem still persist? It will be good for us to know if you are getting some errors in the Console or .NET tabs when you are not able to login. Any additional information will be much appreciate.

Basically, calling SecurityManger for authentication is the proper way to authenticate a user as it automatically creates authentication cookie which is persisted after the redirect:

var result = SecurityManager.AuthenticateUser("Default", "admin", "password", true);
            Response.Redirect("~/Redirected");

Greetings,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed