Find all bugs in 5.4

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:17

Find all bugs in 5.4

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi, 

Is there a quick way to see the current 5.4 buglist? I'm thinking of upgrading our site from 5.3; however, I don't know where to look for that buglist. Does anyone know of a good spot to find it? 

Thanks!

Dave

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2013 00:00

You can go to the Public Issue Tracker, and select "Bug Report", "Open" and "In Progress" in the filters. The result is a list of 396 (!) bugs that are still in the latest release.

I think this is the best way to get what you want. What's fixed in 5.4 is listed here.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Mar-2013 00:00

Dear Dave

Usually its a good thing to upgrade. Two things though

Breaking ChangesJavaScript libraries (JQuery, JQuery Cookie, JQuery Validate and etc.) are not always loaded on front-end. So, if you explicitly use some of these libraries, you need to take care to add them on the page.

This can cause some headache. You need to include the jquery but want to make sure you dont have double loading when using lightbox galery for example

I have this in my .master

<sf:ResourceLinks ID="resourcesLinks" runat="server">
       <sf:ResourceFile JavaScriptLibrary="JQuery" />
        <sf:ResourceFile Name="Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Scripts.jquery.fancybox.pack.v2.1.3.js" />
        <sf:ResourceFile Name="Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Scripts.jquery.cookie.js" />
        <sf:ResourceFile Name="~/MyResources/scripts/jquery.easing.js" />
        <sf:ResourceFile Name="~/MyResources/scripts/script.js" />
    </sf:ResourceLinks>

And this in my web.config

<appSettings>
   <add key="Telerik.ScriptManager.EnableEmbeddedjQuery" value="false" />
  </appSettings>

And for now it seems to work.

Also 5.4 started to use fancybox v2 - they will revert back to v 1 with SF 6.0 

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Mar-2013 00:00

Hi Dave,

As Arno mentioned, you can cgeck the PITS for up-to-date status information of bugs and feature requests. You can also take a look at the release notes for 5.4, where we provide information on what is fixed and what is a known issue:

www.sitefinity.com/.../5-4-release-notes 

Greetings,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed