Would love to see validation on the Description\Keywords fie

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:39

Would love to see validation on the Description\Keywords fields

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Mar-2013 00:00

Putting in something as innocuous as a quote in those page fields breaks the page because it gets injected verbatim into the page definition...

I just ran into this where someone put some bad markup (quotes and other things) into the description on the LOGIN page...and we have /Sitefinity/Login blocked.  So I couldn't log in to go fix it....had to manually edit the database.

Since things like this are user-editable, can you please handle them on your end and validate or encode or something?

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Apr-2013 00:00

Hello Steve,

Your quest is indeed valid, currently we do not have an exposed and easy way of applying validation filters to those fields. Therefore I have logged a feature request in PITS which you can track and vote for.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Apr-2013 00:00

@Steve - I have voted
@Victor - Shouldn't this be labeled as bug insteas of a feature request?

Markus

@Markus good point!  This should be a bug...a user can break a page (quite easily) and have no idea why

Hello Markus,

The controls used for the fields are different type of controls ( in contrast with the SEO field ), which need to have such validation logic additionally implemented in order to have the option create such regular expression validation filter. Having in mind all this information, the topic can be viewed more as a feature request rather than a bug in the system.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed