Dynamic Module Permission Issues - Upgrade from 5.0 to 5.3

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:21

Dynamic Module Permission Issues - Upgrade from 5.0 to 5.3

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Mar-2013 00:00

Hello,
I have three "ModuleBuilder" build modules. Two of these were built in 5.0 mid last year. The third was built three weeks ago for 5.3. It seems the old modules and the new module have differing setups for their permissions. The old modules used to have permissions which were tied to a DynamicModule type secured object. The new module has permissions for both the "DynamicModule" type, and another "DynamicModuleType" type. Furthermore, my "DynamicModuleType" permissions seem to be the ones that are "Sticking". This set of permissions shows up when I goto Content > [My Custom Content Type] > Permissions. If I goto Administration > Permissions, I do not get the same list of permissions.

Was there a conscious change made to the type in which permissions are derived for dynamic modules?

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Apr-2013 00:00

Hello,

Since we introduced Hierarchical modules for the 5.1 Module Builder release, now  there's a second set of permissions - one for the Module (the original permissions set) and one for each Content type.

The global permissions for the module are located in Administration->Permissions->YourModule in the left-hand menu.

And for each content type you can go to Content->YourContentType and in the right-hand menu click on Permissions - there you can set the permissions per item type (by default we have them set to Administrators only).

Kind regards,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed