DB mapping for field type 'Unknown' was not found in

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:56

DB mapping for field type 'Unknown' was not found in the Metadata configuration.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Mar-2013 00:00

I am getting the error DB mapping for field type 'Unknown' was not found in the Metadata configuration  when trying to add a custom field of  Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields.ImageField to the news module.

Here is what I am doing (news -> custom fields):
1.) Under "Type" I select "Unknown".
2.) I give it a name of "Thumbnail"
3.) I select "Custom" for "Interface widget for entering data"
4.) I put Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields.ImageField for "Type"
5.) I go to save and then get the error.

On a whim I decided to then try using another type for step 1.  I selected "Short text" for step 1 and then finished the rest of the steps.  It added the field and presents me with the image selection control, but I would prefer to do this the right way instead of a workaround like that.

Edit:  This is on 5.3

Hey Stacey,

The ImageField tries to store the MediaUrl property of an image, so it should be inside a string.
I'm not sure if I understand what you mean by workaround?

Kind regards,
Daniel

Perhaps it is not a workaround then and a misunderstanding on my part.  I was following the below thread and it was not clear to me what type needed to be selected so I thought "unknown" was used for all custom types like that.  Thanks for clearing it up for me.

www.sitefinity.com/.../adding-image-selector-to-news-module

No problem. You could also vote for a PITS item to add the Media (Files) field, which is used inside the Dynamic Module Builder, to the static Content modules in Sitefinity: http://knstr.it/WPnciC

Kind regards,
Daniel

Voted

yeah, I have used the media (files) field a few times in the Dynamic Module Builder.  That is why I initially was surprised that such a type was not available under news.

Thanks again

This thread is closed