Edits to published events do not save

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:14

Edits to published events do not save

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Apr-2013 00:00

If you open a published event and make changes, then click Publish, it acts like it is updating the event and goes back to the events list where the time of the attempted update is shown as the "last modified" date. But when you open the item, the changes were not saved. Tried this several time not believing what I was seeing.

Got it to work by opening the item, unpublishing it, making the changes, then publishing. Ugh.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Apr-2013 00:00

Do you have the L2 Cache disabled?
www.sitefinitysteve.com/.../row-not-found-genericoid-error

If the answer is NO, I bet that will fix you up...I (and many others) have had this exact problem on tons of sites, disable that, haven't had a support call since (would normally be few times a week).

Telerik is working on the problem, it's just hard b/c it's not always easy to replicate.

Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi,

The solution described by Steve is the temporary solution for this issue. Recently were successful at reliably reproducing it and are currently investigating the exact causes. 

Greetings,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

@Atanas ...so it's maybe only PARTIALLY L2 related?

I haven't had a single issue since disabling it a month or so ago

Hello,

L2 is definitely part of it. We are  working with the OpenAccess guys to track this problem down and resolve it. It is being handled with a high priority. Reproducing it was very tricky but we found a project and reliable way to do it. I will post any updates here as I get  them. 

Kind regards,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Awesome!  Thanks :)

Thank you. I have my IT support looking into the L2 cache suggestion.

This thread is closed