RadEditor Issue: Text got distorted.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 07:11

RadEditor Issue: Text got distorted.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi Telerik,
We are using RadEditor of Telerik.Web.UI V2011.1.315.35. Here when we increase the entered text size of editor, texts are getting overlapped. In attached image, I have entered three line of text (Here is my text which got distorted) which got overlapped to each other while increasing font to 72 px.
Please let me know the solution.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2013 00:00

adding more info:
Here I am creating Radeditor through code, below is the code for the same:
RadEditor htmlEditor = new RadEditor

ID = "HtmlEditor",
                    Width = Unit.Percentage(100),
                    Height = Unit.Pixel(500),
                    Enabled = true
                ;

Do I need to set some more specific property?

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi Binod,

Actually, the behavior comes from ne global css, which is loaded with the RadEditor. You can stop it from being loaded in the cotent area of the content block (since it removes the spaces). This is done by setting the EditorCssFile to an empty css file. In order to do that go to Administration -> Settings -> Advanced -> Appearance and set the RadEditor content css to the relative path to an empty css file (one that you've added to your project). This will prevent the default styles from being applied. Please take a look at the image for further reference.

Regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi Jen,

First of all Thanks for the reply. Now my question is that, Is it possible to do via C# code? And the another problem I am facing with Safari browser (Editor is not showing), Is this version of Editor supports safari browser?

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Apr-2013 00:00

Hello Binod,

I discussed the problem with Safari with my colleagues from the RadControls team and they are not aware of such problems  in this browser version. I also tested this behavior by opening the RadEditor demo page in Safari (this didn' cause any malfunction). You can take a look at this thread, where a similar issue has been discussed:

http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/aspnet-ajax/editor/radeditor-toolbars-not-appearing-in-safari.aspx

http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/editor-content-area-appearance-problems.html

As for setting the EditorCssFile, take a look at the radEditor documentation and here are two ways you can set a file through the code-behind of the editor:

//first approach
EditorCssFile contentAreaCss= new EditorCssFile("~/test.css");
            RadED.CssFiles.Add(contentAreaCss);
// second approach
RadEditor1.CssFiles.Add("~/test.css");

http://demos.telerik.com/aspnet-ajax/editor/examples/cssfiles/defaultcs.aspx

Greetings,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Apr-2013 00:00

Thanks a lot for the reply Jen.

This thread is closed