Configuration Error & Failed Popups on Pages & Templ

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:16

Configuration Error & Failed Popups on Pages & Templates

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Apr-2013 00:00

When I try to access pages or manage templates I get a “Configuration Error” popup title “Message from webpage” followed by two popups that say “failed”.  The last thing I did before this issue occurred was clear my temporary internet files on IE.  

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Apr-2013 00:00

Hello,

Is the error still present after you restart IIS? Also, are there any issues when using Chrome and Firefox?
Would it be possible to try deleting the log files found in the App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs folder, reproducing the error and after that attach the log.

Thank you in advance. 

Kind regards,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Apr-2013 00:00

I have resolved the issue.  The error was located a config file referenced by the web.config.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi,

I am glad to hear that you managed to resolve the problem. 

Kind regards,
Atanas Valchev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-May-2013 00:00

Hi John,

What specifically was your problem? I'm running into this in the majority of sections of the backend, and can't work out the problem.

thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 21-May-2013 00:00

The web.config was invalid.  In particular it was with duplicate binding and config settings.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-May-2013 00:00

Hello,

Thank you for sharing the solution with the community. 

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

This thread is closed