Media field type upload error

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 02:39

Media field type upload error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2013 00:00

When attempting to upload a file (media field type) that is linked to my content item (custom module) I get the following error:

It's only present while using IE8. (why are there so many issues with IE8..). Any suggestions?

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi Rico,

The error you are getting is strange - we also tried to reproduce it locally by creating a media field, but could not reproduce it on a blank, 5.4 project. If possible, can you provide us with more details on how you have set the project? Are there any extensionless ( .file ) files in the root of the folder of the project?

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-May-2013 00:00

Hi Victor,

The issue is also present with IE10... I'm unclear what you mean by 'extensionless files' at the root of the project folder. I don't believe there are any... attached is the error that is thrown in IE, as well as a file listing of my root project folder.

This issue does not appear with FF or Chrome...

NOTE: please ignore the attached file 'IE8FailedWindowsAuth' (I uploaded the wrong file). There doesn't appear a way to delete attached images when editing a post...

Posted by Community Admin on 17-May-2013 00:00

I've managed to find out the source of this issue, though I don't know the cause (it seems to be a sitefinity bug still to me).

I had been previously setting the 'max file size' limitation property (any value). If I REMOVE this value (don't populate the file size limit), then this error goes away. Can you please confirm. I have created a vanilla sitefinity project as well, and this behavior is present. I have tested both v5.4 as well as v6.0

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 21-May-2013 00:00

Hi Rico,

Would you  please give us exact steps that you perform in order to reproduce the issue, so we could try to reproduce it on our side? I also could not succeed in reproducing it. I used a new Sitefinity 5.4 4020 project and created a new dynamic module with Title field and a media field for documents. Then I created a document library with restriction on max size per file and max size for the whole library. I uploaded some documents in my library, then I created a few dynamic module items and chose documents from this library. I tested this scenario on IE8.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation!

Greetings,
Miroslava
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-May-2013 00:00

Hi Miroslava,

I didn't set the restriction on the library -- I set the restriction on the actual media field of the content item. See attached screenshot. Steps that I took were exactly as yours.
1) create blank project
2) create custom module via module builder
3) define custom fields in content item (Title and Media field)
4) in the Media field limitations tab -- define file size limit

Hope this helps.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-May-2013 00:00

Hello,

Thank you for the additional information. We managed to reproduce the issue. We have logged it in our bug tracking system.

Regards,
Stoyanka Assenova
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jul-2014 00:00

Our client using IE8 and file size limit and got this problem as well, may I know if there is a solution for this.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jul-2014 00:00

Hi,

I was able to reproduce the problem with Sitefinity 6.3 using our Media Field. However I would like to inform you that in Sitefinity 7.x we use Related Media Field. For your convenience please review the video demonstration I have recorded.

More information regarding related media field could be found in our documentation:

http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/related-media-custom-field

You could upgrade your project to Sitefinity 7.x and then migrate your Media fields to Related Media fields using the following article:

http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/migrate-related-data

More information about the upgrade procedure could be found in this section.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed