Custom Module URL Format

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:40

Custom Module URL Format

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2013 00:00

Hi there,

When I enter a value into the 'Title' field of my custom module that contains a 'comma' (,), the URL that is generated on the public front end breaks -- i thought that all 'special characters' were supposed to be stripped out of the URL (or replaced) -- spaces are replaced with hyphens, etc....
but this doesn't seem to be the case for commas.... (using v5.4). Bug?

www.sitefinity.com/.../custom_url_formats_for_sitefinity_content_modules

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Apr-2013 00:00

Anyone Please? Telerik?

It also seems you can have an ampersand '&' character in the Title field only. Again, this seems to be a bug where these 'special characters' should be url encoded... I should be able to have a content item with a Title of 'Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure'.

Seems as though logic is in place for handling this for 'Pages'... is there something similar to configure for Custom Module Items?
www.sitefinityguru.com/.../Enabling-Special-Characters-in-Sitefinity-Page-Titles

Thanks,

Ryan

Based on the link in the above post for specifying regular expression for field validation, I was able to resolve this for my custom content type.

Hello Rico,

We're glad you were able to resolve the problem and you found our Blog posts useful!

Regards,
Jen Peleva
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed